Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2022, 04:31 PM   #12
RACarvalho

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34R
State: Indiana
THOR #19887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin' Texans View Post
Just FYI for anyone here new to towing rvs!
That vehicle in these photos is probably not adequate for either of the TTs shown, regardless of their aerodynamics.
I don't want to deviate from the post subject but the ONLY two reasons that towing in America the rigs Andy put together are:
1 - Legal issues in case of accident
2 - Almost nobody in America really understands what ball angle in a hitch is for.

Andy proved over and over again that a minivan and a sedan can be more stable towing a 9000lbs camper than a truck and I tested that towing a 6000lbs camper with a BMW X5 for 22000 miles and until today I haven't found a more stable rig than that.

They show you a 1 ton truck flipping over on highway and scare the hell out of people so they will buy a more expensive vehicle and obviously if you question, the legal argument is there... and since people in America don't know that payload and towing capacity for the same vehicles outside America is higher (the same BMW X5 I had here in US have a towing capacity 1000lbs higher in Europe) everybody keeps profiting off Americans ignorance on towing....
RACarvalho is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum