Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2022, 02:00 PM   #1
jadebox

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #27426
Just Bought a Thor Chateau 22B ...

.. and I am getting better at spelling "Chateau" correctly!

My wife and I, with a lot of help from her brother, had been fixing up an older motorhome. But I decided that we should be using an RV instead of working on one, so I started looking for something in better shape. I found a used RV near us that was just a few years old. We looked at it and liked it, but before making an offer, I went online to see what else was available in the same price range.

I found a new 2022 Thor Chateau listed by a local dealer for just a few thousand more than the used one. And the dealer's asking price was much lower than any other dealer in the country was asking for the same year and model.

So, while feeling a bit suspicious, I went with my wife to the dealer. A salesperson took us on a golf cart ride to the RV. As we drove up, I saw a "Sold" sign on the side of it and realized that my suspicions had been confirmed. It was a "bait and switch" scam! The low price had been advertised just to get me to come to the dealer's lot. Then, the salesperson explained that someone had tried to purchase it, but their loan wasn't approved. So, we put down a deposit and picked it up a few days later.

We haven't done an overnight trip in it yet, but I did venture out to our local model rocket club launch on Saturday. The afternoon rainfall, which is typical for Central Florida in Summer, came a bit early and I got to see how well the motor home navigates driving over a soggy field. It didn't even slow down going through a muddy ditch (though I did bring home a good chuck of mud on the trailer hitch and jack stand).

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum