Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2016, 09:46 PM   #8
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis earl View Post
Just wondering what experience anyone has had taking dogs along on a Yellowstone trip. Our plan is to stay in Island Park, ID, renting a car to see the park itself. We were thinking of taking our small dogs with us but I see on the NPS web site that dogs are not allowed on the boardwalks and some other areas. Anyone have some experience with the dogs on a Yellowstone trip?
No recent experience with pets, but when we did it was OK.

The first time we went in a motorhome (almost 20 years ago) we took our two small +/- 20-pound dogs with us -- a Pug and a mix breed. We didn't have any issues whatsoever, although we drove around the park in the motorhome instead of a car. Occasionally we would walk them around the parking areas, first making sure there was no wildlife near by. When seeing the sites we left them in the motorhome.

Around the campground we were more concerned with possibly encountering a bear, since there were reports they came looking for food after dark. Turns out we didn't even see bears near the sites.

On subsequent trips without pets I recall seeing more wildlife that could threaten a small pet, but I wouldn't necessarily worry too much about their safety.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum