Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2022, 05:32 PM   #58
Civrot

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 37.4
State: Texas
THOR #18397
Response to the OP's question

Sir,
i have been doing this for alot of years.... i have never been told to leave a rest stop.... i have noticed that alot of ppl make incorrect assumptions concerning Rest Stops... there are normally 2 sides to a rest stop... the car side and the RV/cars with trailers/trucks side.... a side note i have seen rest stops for Trucks only.... anyway, to answer your question yes you can stop and spend the night and sleep there.... especially since u are going BC to AZ... Washington rest stops and some Oregon rest stops have ppl living there... the police won't enforce most misdemeanor violations (personally i see ppl living in the rest stop i won't spend the nite in that one) ... when i spend the nite in a rest stop, i will try to park with one side to the woods and i might then put out a slide with jacks down and generator running (if needed, normally i have enough power to run CPAP and watch tv and keep juice to my frig and internet all nite) if i run AC.... most of the truckers will run their aux generators or engines all nite also... so, tell your wife its ok, the rest stops were intended to let ALL tired drivers get rest for the nite.... and i have never had an issue spending the nite at a rest stop anywhere in the USA... Now on to topics the OP didn't ask about... Truck stops (Loves, Flying J, Pilot and Petros and TA's etc... the list goes on) yes you can stay there... I asked the truck stop owners/managers if RV are allowed to stay there... the answer was a resounding YES... you are a customer not just the truckers and they want your money too.... anyway, there are some risks with parking at a truck stop.... ppl driving skills vary and bumps and scraps happen more often at truck stops, so park to minimize your risk to bumps and scraps ... i wouldn't put out any slides, i would run generator (if needed) and if not level i put down my jacks (hate rolling off bed... hehehe) all this being said i have never had an issue overnighting in a truck stop....

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum