Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 01:06 PM   #1
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
really poor construction

I'm trying to keep a possitive and happy outlook....
.....but I've just got to say it someplace...... Thor's qc really stinks!
.... well maybe my coach was just built on a bad day....

There were a ton of little things that jumped out at me at the PDI that got fixed, but so many more I've found in my short time with the MH....

the divider door (accordian type) between the bed and the bath has one of those pot in a hole friction latches, well the post misses the hole by approx 1/2in!

I pulled out a couple drawers.... well the first one fell out of the tracks while my wife was loading it.... so I found only one tiny little screw in each mounting point for the drawer guides.... they are able to just swing and flop in the breeze.... so I'm going through and adding additional scres and fixing split wood as I go.....
& I'm finding a few where the guides feed the drawer in at an angle and so the catch at the bottom of the drawer intended to keep the drawers closed in transit, are not engaging.... and there's dropped screws I'm finding inside and under things to properly secure 90% of these things....

just poor craftsmanship..... and poor qc for not catching it.

thankfully, nothing so far is so bad that I feel I need to take it in for warranty, and easier to just fix myself so that i know it's done better (or as right as possible)..... well there is a couple things that i probably will take in. I'll see if any more major stuff pops up

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum