Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2022, 09:30 PM   #1
RVwife

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.3
State: Michigan
THOR #20290
PSA - A surprising reason not to pick a campsite near the bath house

Over Thanksgiving I was talking with our daughter, who is a 911 dispatcher in a small rural county near where we live. I told her how saddened and disbelieving I was that, on our last RV trip, a decorative banner she had given us as a gift last year had been stolen from our campsite.

Her first comment was, "was your site near the bath house?"

What? Yes, it was, right across from it.

Turns out they get a fair number of calls from campers whose items have been taken. Almost invariably their site is very close to the bath house. When deputies investigate further, and if they find the items, it is more often than not at a site of an unregistered camper know to local law enforcement to be among the county's homeless population.

Apparently, they use a nearby site as a parking spot while they use the facilities to shower and then often take whatever is ripe for taking at that site.

So word to the wise --- Don't choose a camp site near the bath house and don't leave anything on site while you are gone.

It is shocking to me that the world has come to this. Even though we've been home nearly a month, I still can't completely shake the feeling of having been violated.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum