Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2016, 01:24 AM   #206
Dan9841

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.2
State: South Carolina
THOR #2915
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb View Post
Dan... thanks for posting photos .. I think your template for the side window answers my question...however, I will ask for clarification. Are you doing separate covers for your windows?
We are thinking of bringing the wrap all the way around...one piece...and where the corner is, make the necessary 'fold' in the fabric to come around from front to side. Still in the 'thinking' process.

Regarding the snaps...the install on the coach...how will that go ?

Thank you

K
You are correct. I am doing all windows individually because I want it to be nice and tight. If I start messing around with corners the sewing gets much harder.
I am go into explain the snap on process. I will use the template and lay it out on the material. I will add 2 inches to the template so when I for it over by 1 inch it will extend past the rubber seal around the windshield. Once the windshield cover is sewn I will dry fit it to the RV taping it down. The 60 ich X 20 foot roll weighs approximately 13.5 lbs. I don't think it will be heavy enough for the masking tape to have an issue with. Once I the dry fit is correct I will use my exacto knife and mark the drill sites and the small puncture on the fabric. I purchased a soap stone marker from JoAnn to help me with marking the fabric. After the sites are marked I will use a 7/16 drill bit to drill the pilots holes for the actual screw. Before attaching the screw to the fiberglass I will use some RV silicone on the drilled holes to ensure it is properly sealed. The screws will sink right into the fiberglass.

I hope this helped.

Dan

"Be all that you can be!"
Dan9841 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum