Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2023, 02:24 AM   #19
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
This going to be harder than I thought; not to mention costly. I am at about $2,400 parts, no idea on labor yet. I have $300 added for new hitch.

Here is the tow bar
https://www.etrailer.com/p-RM-676.html
Attachment 40796

With Roadmaster brand I guess it is what you get. Roadmaster is a lot cheaper than Blue Ox

I think the Tow bar connects to existing round 7 pin connector and will have the lights needed controlled through the wiring install for Base Plate.

What confusing is that it looks as if you have to have a 2nd 7 pin connector connected to the RV to control the brakes?

Your comment " The Toad will get dirty, both inside the engine compartment and the front hood and fenders. Rocks can get kicked up by the MH which may damage the front of the Toad or its windshield IF you have incorrect/insufficient mud flaps. " may give me pause.

This would be Lincoln Navigator and I am kinda of a clean detail nut. Not to mention the windshield has a Head Up Display so expensive to replace. I will have to Google Protect a Tow.
Towbar does not connect to the 7 pin. The umbilical cord attaches to the seven pin to control lights and possibly brakes depending on the braking system installed.

Protect a tow, IMHO, is a waste of money. 20k miles towing our Grand Cherokee the past two years and not a scratch due to towing. Only damage has been from a campground employee running into the front of the car with a golf cart while the were watching the ground instead of where they were going.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum