Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2016, 01:02 PM   #62
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
No... This is the four wire BIRD diagram from Eds post #49 above. The Axis uses the four wire BIRD and charges both battery banks both ways. The fifth wire is for the emergency start switch which Thor wires directly (not thru the BIRD). If your chassis battery is not being charged while on shore power or generator (like mine was when I purchased my coach) it is likely that the same bozo wired yours incorrectly as mine. Another possibility is that you have a bad BIRD (not as likely). You can test this by taking a voltage measurement from the coach battery wire and see if it is the same as the voltage on the house battery. If the voltages are not the same, that BIRD wire is not hooked to the coach battery as it should be. Therefore it is not receiving the correct information to operate. My fix was to hook the wire directly to the coach battery side of the trombetta (with a small fuse) so the BIRD got the correct reading from the coach battery and now it works fine. You can test the chassis battery - BIRD connection the same way. Your coach should charge both both battery banks either from the engine alternator or shore power/generator. If it does not, do thing is wrong.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	641
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	2557  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum