Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2016, 04:06 AM   #17
Ag&Au

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 22E
State: Washington
THOR #4719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
We carry a small AC compressor with a 2 gallon tank. It would be slow, but would probably get the coach tire up enough to get to a shop. I have used it on a tow car tire a couple of times. If I needed the space I might leave it at home. Have had RVs for many, many years and have never yet needed a spare. (Knock, knock, knock on wood!)

In all of my vehicles is a plug kit and pliers. They are not the ideal tool for every occasion, but might stop that psssssssst. Before plug kits were available, I once had a spike go thru the tread of a car tire, and out the sidewall! Plugs would have been handy that day!
We definitely needed a spare when our travel trailers had Good Year marathon ST tires. However, After we changed our last TT (Airstream 31D) over to 16" Michelin LT's we had zero problem. By coincidence those Michelins were identical in every way to the ones that came on our new Four Winds. That gives me confidence.

Ken

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum