Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 10:50 PM   #10
Pappydude

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.4
State: Oregon
THOR #2824
I just found out the hard way what happens when you accidentally hit the "store" side of the "use/store" switch and don't know it! Of course the batteries will eventually go dead if you sit long enough - but what I didn't know is that everything associated with a 12v system goes with it! My refer wouldn't switch to gas when unplugged from shore power; my back up camera and side mirror cameras didn't work; and yet when plugged into shore power all the lights worked even tho they're 12v. Even my exhaust fans in the ceiling worked.
I first noticed an issue when the blue light on my dash radio was flickering on and off. I started the vehicle and let it run for a bit, and the light went off, then I shut the unit down. About 2 hrs later it came on again. It wasn't flickering so I left it, since it was 10 pm! Next morning the blue light was off - and no 12v anything unless hooked to shore power. I didn't know the batteries were already dead!
So, not knowing what the issue was, I drove home 80 miles and must have charged the house batteries just enough for the "use/store" switch to work. Now after a day of charging in the "use" position everything works like it's supposed to - wish there was an idiot light on the "use/store" switch so I'd know if it's on or off without having to flick the switch - but I learned my lesson! Cancelled my Oct. 4th warranty appt with Camping World....from now on I'm in "use" no matter what, until winter comes!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum