Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 02:04 PM   #39
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag&Au View Post
Our motorhome has vents not fans. I want to install at least one fantastic fan. Thor customer support says the wiring is already there. Should I trust that info?

If I remove the vent, will a fan go int the vacant hole without cutting etc?

In other words are these vent holes and fan holes the same?
Ken
I would say, Probably and Yes

The schematics show power to my bedroom vent, but when i took of the trim ring no wires were there.
But there were wires in the front vent.
That made my decision easy regarding which vent to replace with a fan.... although I don't think it would have been very hard to find power. The wiring might have been there, just behind the aluminum structure someplace, or I could get it form a nearby light fixture.

It's really easy to verify, just pull the screws out of the vent trim rings and it drops right out. Just be careful of brittle plastic. Mine were a bit brittle from sun and heat, so I ended up with a few minor cracks in the trim ring..... but it didn't matter since I was replacing with vents soon after.

I think there technically are a few different standard sized vents.... i believe all of these are the same.

It's a relatively easy project, if you are even just a little bit handy.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum