Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2016, 06:33 PM   #811
rvfigs

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Fleetwood Flair 31E
State: New York
THOR #2025
Hey fellas,

I added the SSR-107-54 to the rear and I'm not sure I like them.

There is about a 1/4 gap between the bottom of the Sumo Spring and the top of the rear. Certainly, a lot better than the original bump stop.

I called Sumo Springs and spoke with the Engineer. He mentioned that this was normal and okay. After staring at it for some time, I can't help but to logically think that the 107-54 Sumo Solos are not working as they should if they are not slightly snug on the rear. Also, the 54 durometer appear stiff. Personally, I don't want a Lamborghini suspension. However, I do want a Phanton Rolls Royce suspension - in control and smooth.

I could probably add another spacer to the rear Sumo Spring, but I still need to contend with the stiffness.

I am ordering the SSR-106-40-1 for the rear. They have the same durometer as my front Sumo Solos. I will compare both and return the one I don't like.

I still can't get over the front suspension improvement! Amazing!

Tinker onward

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum