Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2016, 01:56 AM   #1
Hittntherooad

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #3952
Looking advice on wiring a receptacle for the bedroom ac

Thor Ace 30.1
I added a second AC unit in the bedroom with the power wire run to the sewer hookup compartment. I can plug it in seperatley at a full hook up and run both ac's at a campground. I ran a separate wire from under the bed to the same area to be able to run it off the generator in case I have issues with the main unit. I know I can't run both at the same time.
My question is, hooking the wire up. I was thinking tieing into the generator wire in the transfer switch. Thinking the 30 amp breaker on the generator would protect the unit. Or maybe tie into the main AC unit breaker as I wouldn't be running both at the same time.
Any input would be appreciated.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum