Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2016, 10:40 AM   #11
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
I think there are a couple of the reasons people are flocking to B and C class RVs, intimidation and parking. We have a Windsport 29M, not a huge coach, but I frequently have people say "Oh, I couldn't drive something like that!!!" For some I'm sure it is intimidating, many feel more comfortable driving a B or C which feels a little like a car. Parking and or storage is another, it's harder to find a place to park or store a larger coach. We're lucky that we can park and store in our own driveway, for other, with HOA rules it might be a problem. Regardless of what you drive I'm still going to walk over and say "Hi neighbor" if I see you!!!
There is another reason which was published in an article a few months ago.

The younger folks within the workforce, primarily professionals, are buying smaller RVs, travel trailers included, to serve as mini homes on wheels so they can travel to wherever their careers take them. These folks, according to the article, gravitate towards the smaller units in keeping with the tiny house movement, and want the ability to move to the next career opportunity at the drop of a hat and not worry about breaking apartment leases or having to sell a house.

This is something contractors and rough necks have been doing for years but is now moving over to the white collar workforce.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum