Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2016, 11:56 PM   #24
bevedfelker

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Bill:

Here is the battery schematic for my Vegas 24.1. I would imagine yours is similar. On the right side you can see the power comes off the battery, goes through the 50 amp breaker, to the contact side of the battery disconnect/connect latching relay, through the contacts of the relay to the power distribution panel in the converter.

The USE/Store switch only provides low voltage to the solenoid in the battery disconnect latching relay. Can you measure to see if there is power to the solenoid when the USE/Store is activated? I would suspect either the USE/Store switch, the 5 amp fuse holder on the USE/Store wire, the contacts in the disconnect relay, or the solenoid in the battery disconnect relay is bad. You said you have 12 volts on both sides of the latching relay contacts. That sounds like the relay is stuck in USE position. So my guess is either switch, fuse holder, or disconnect relay.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TEE1071 Battery Schematic.pdf (67.0 KB, 70 views)
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum