Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 08:15 PM   #2
FW28z
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
I will be putting levelers on my 28Z soon. I am tired of using 2x12 ramps.

I am going with Quadra "Bigfoot" levelers. I am waiting until January as the factory will be running an installation special. I live about 50 miles from the Quadra factory, so I will be having the factory do the installation. Their installation location is in White Pigeon, Mi

This is the one I will be purchasing soon:

http://shop.thebigfootleveler.com/Fo...em-QEZW-FC.htm

While I like to do most of the work on my moho myself, this system requires welding (one of the other brands I think was bolt-on). And although I have a welder in my garage, I am a neophyte when it comes to welding. I don't trust myself enough to do the installation.

Basically, I looked at three different brands; Quadra, Lippert, and HWH. There may be others out there, but those are the three brands I am aware of. Within each brand are typically several models, most characterized by manual (you have to activate the hydraulic cylinders to level the coach), or automatic (the system automatically levels the coach with one press of a push-button).

Here are websites for the other two brands:

http://www.hwhcorp.com/aftermarket4.html

https://lci1.com/level-up-motorhome-leveling-systems

I went to the Quadra factory and looked at them - I was impressed with them. I believe I also read on their website that they were OEM for Thor, Forrest River, and Jayco. This at least means they may be familiar with the load points on the coach.

I saw Lippert leverlers at the Hershey, PA RV show.

The Lippert install location is near Elkhart, In, but I am not exactly sure where.

But the salesman who I talked with never got back to me with a price (after promising to do so), especially since he knew I was ready to buy, and Lippert is also not much more than an hour drive from where I live, so they would have done the install at their factory. But the Salesman also told me they have not done any Thor installs to his knowledge.

Cross them off the list...

HWH levelers are also sold by Camping World and you can get them installed at some of their locations. HWH has a training program that I think at least some Camping World techs have gone to.

I did not like HWH as much, as their cylinders have a hydraulic down, and spring-loaded up. Probably is not a huge issue though - as if you lose hydraulic power, you can at least return the levelers to the stored position.

HWH also does factory installs if you don't want to go to Camping World, and they are located in Moscow, IA.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum