Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 01:33 PM   #11
safro

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.2
State: Texas
THOR #6931
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrrV View Post
I also have a 2015 30.2 and put in a second A/C unit my first year. Really easy for us. A/C in vent, run thru ceiling channel to rear drivers side corner (where slide i) and it drops down into generator compartment where it is stored. From there it can go to a campground pedestal. Used a long enough cord from the A/C unit to run thru and to the pedestal. No use of additional extension cords. I think I have about 12 feet from generator to run to pedestal. Has not been an issue. Check the tables for gauge/length combo, will max out so can't use too long a run. One of the ceiling lights needed to be rotated so we could reach the on/off switch. We also bought a 50A to 30A & 20A splitter so we could run everything off a 50 A as some parks have limited electric options. We use a clip on oscillating fan to send some of the coolness to the living area (clips to the top exposed molding). A really necessary mod for Florida or any high heat and or high humidity location. 30.2's now come with that optional 2nd A/C.
Good to hear, thanks. What you described is what I was thinking of trying. Is there an obvious easy opening to run the wire from a/c to roof corner/down to gen compartment? Or did it take a lot of fishing to run it? Did you use an extension cord the entire way, from a/c unit to pedestal end, or did you run a rigid 12/2 wire to gen compartment and then transition to flexible extension cord?

What a/c unit did you purchase and do you like it?

Thanks!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum