Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Safe T Plus
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2017, 11:15 AM   #20
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
I have already planned on doing that since the springs flex while travelling it makes sense to check the U bolt nuts periodically after they've been removed and reinstalled.

I plan on re-checking them with the coach back on the ramps and also re-check the torque when the coach is off the ramps but leveled on the jacks since the upward or downward pressure on the springs will be different.

Normally my large torque wrench stays at home when on the road but it will be included in my packing list for our upcoming trip, as well as the 1 1/8 deep well socket.

As a note, I believe those are large lock nuts and if correct I plan on ordering replacements from the Ford dealer. As an old mechanic I always hate to reuse lock nuts and lock washer since they tend to loose their effectiveness with each use. I looked at Ford's web site and they do not specify "lock nut" but they say the nuts are 38.00 each.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum