Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 07:29 PM   #5
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippytwo View Post
I’m sure this has been covered before, but I want to make sure I’m running the correct pressure in my tires. I have the Goodyear 245/70R 19.5 with max pressure 110 psi. My Thor sticker says to run at 82 psi (all tires), the RV shop that I got my CHF done at says to run at 110 psi since that’s the max load on the tires. I took my MH to a CAT scale, the front axle is 6020 lb, rear axle 9770 lb, (total 15790 lb). I looked at that Goodyear chart and not sure if I’m reading it right, the best I can figure out is they are telling me to run at 110 psi. So, 82 psi or 110 psi?
The tire charts list weight per tire location (corner weights). Take your axle weight and divide by 2. Your front will be 3010 and rear will be 4885. Looking at the Goodyear chart your front pressure for single wheel should be 80 PSI and the rear for dual should be 110.

You might want to verify the weight rating of your tires because your rear corner weights are not listed on the Goodyear chart. You may not have an adequate tire for the rear axle weight (optimal words being "may not").
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum