Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 01:01 PM   #7
Dragon70

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.0
State: Colorado
THOR #2581
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerFam View Post
I use Manual mode exclusively... here's what I've found:

- the leveler 'legs' only work in pairs - whenever you press a directional button, say the right arrow button, BOTH the front and rear Passenger side legs start to be deployed (this becomes your HIGH side/end)

- as these legs deploy, and as soon as you feel the first one hit the ground, it will PAUSE until the other leg also hits the ground, then only press the button for a second longer(the legs sense pressure between each other in order to stay in TUNE)...

- then move to the Opposite arrow button(this becomes your FOUNDATION side/end), pressing it until both legs have contacted the ground, and then only a second more to raise that side/end only slightly

- What does the lighted Arrows on the panel tell you now?
...if you have only the HIGH side still lit, then continue pressing it's button, raising that side/end until either it's light goes off, or the middle 'Level' light comes on.
...if you still have two lights, go back and forth with each one, only raising the coach a second or two between each... when only ONE directional light is left, press that button until either it's light goes off, or the middle 'Level' light comes on.

...or, if you're like me, I use my bathroom door swing to also let me know my 'true' level, even if the panel doesn't yet have the middle 'Level' indicator lit. I would rather FEEL level, than be 'exactly' level by what some indicator tells me. A door swing is generally your best, and easiest, indicator.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What I've learned is that the Legs work in tandem, meaning that a PAIR of legs must operate together whenever you press a directional button.
The DRAWBACK to this is when you have one side already raised, then you raise the legs on either of the connected corner(Front versus Left or Right, Left versus Front or Rear, etc)...
what happens then is that the already Raised leg at the connected corner will fall back in line with the other lower leg, causing the coach to 'fall', or 'jump' down. This happens because the legs always work TOGETHER, even if one was ALReADY raised!

...confusing: it can be, but if you are attentive and don't allow too much pressure difference between connecting legs/corners, you won't have this issue.
When two directions need Leveling, there is always a corner involved - you want to make sure to keep each pair with relative pressure as you are raising them. You'll also never see two OPPOSITE sides, or OPPOSITE ends, both be out-of-level at the same time, only connected CORNERS.

clear as mud, hunh?!!
I wouldn't be so inclined to use "bathroom door swing", in a motor home for leveling. The idea is to get the rig level, not the door plumb and there can be huge differences.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum