Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Can you DIY.
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 02:39 AM   #33
Chucke

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: North Carolina
THOR #5494
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamJanTan View Post
Well I feel good and I feel bad about the V10. I don't want to be climbing a hill at 45MPH but I also don't want my engine reving to 4250RPM's or higher. If I can get up a 6% grade at 3000 to 3500 RPMs and travel at 55 to 60 MPH I will probably be happy. Thanks for all the advise. Think I will look at Blue Ox and Roadmaster products at etrailer. Love that free installation. Of course I will get a quote from Camping World which is close. Any other suggestions? While I can turn a wrench I don't like to. Unless big money can be saved I had rather have someone else with the bruised knuckles and figuring out what to do when things just don't quite line up. Thanks everyone. Still welcome other suggestions.
Hello JamJanTan, I have had 3 of the Triton V-10s I have pulled a 05 Honda accord on a dolly, worked but not as well as 4 down. My 90 Jeep with air and hard top was easy. I used diodes for the tail lights and a reese towbar with rvi electric brake. Never any problems and towed it to about 25,000 miles Nc coast to Key West and out west to Az. Never any problems and plenty of power from my V-10. Now this 2016 Vegas we bought has the V-10 and in Dec we went out to San Francisco and back with many stop offs. We did not tow on this trip. We are now going to tow a 2016 Ford Focus Triton. Because of the different transmission, I decided to drill tail lights into the housings and ran a harness to the front. I installed a Blue ox base plate, battery cutoff switch and ran the wiring for a 12volt plug for the rvi brake system and the break away. I did it all myself and followed the instructions and looked at you tube to see how others did it. Well now I am looking into putting a rock guard on rear of motorhome to keep road crap from bruising the toad. I still plan on using my Reese tow bar with safety chains and cables!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum