Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2017, 11:43 PM   #7
keonyCA

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE
State: California
THOR #7559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamama61 View Post
I too have a 2014 27.1 and traveled all over the country by myself and the dog. My suggestion is that even though you have a bathroom, it's not always a good idea to drive straight thru with a camper. You may not realize that driving a camper is more tiring than a suv. Especially if it's windy or raining. Take short breaks at a rest areas or when you get gas. There is an app that tells you where gas stations with RV lanes. Normal gas stations are a pain in the rear end to maneuver in. Are you towing a vehicle? Even harder. Take your time and enjoy the trip! Good luck and safe travels!
Thanks Seamama! Nice to meet another fellow 27.1 owner! We wont be driving straight thru, I'm sure my kid won't have any of that we took 2 weeks off so we could take our time. Hubby filled up last week at a loca gas station and he ended up making a U turn in it. He was so surprised by the turning radius of the Ace! We are hoping we won't have to tow a vehicle, but it all depends on if my dad can get his car shipped out there. Hopefully we won't hit any rain storms in Nebraska but we'll see! thanks again!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum