Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 12:34 PM   #10
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by FW28z
And an observation. I don't let anyone sit in the dinette (located on the slide out) while we are moving - even though it has seatbelts. I should remove them. My concern is if we have any kind of an accident, the only thing preventing the slideout from getting chucked out the side of the RV is a couple of Schwintek gears. Not a comforting thought.
Given that RV's aren't crash tested and are built so cheaply any crash strong enough to eject the slide would probably do significant damage to the rest of the coach as well. Probably enough to injure anyone sitting in a more secure seat--other than the driver and passenger seats in the cab section of a class C since that one section has been crash tested as a van or pickup.
Strangely enough most of the RV accidents I've seen on the side of the highway have all been trailers/5th wheels. In those cases the camper is usually completely destroyed with the only recognizable piece remaining being the frame and floor and the tow vehicle sitting on the side of the road with a bent-up hitch.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum