Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2017, 12:23 AM   #4
nmcmilla

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Gemini 23TR
State: British Columbia
THOR #5922
Good tip: only three lug nuts are needed to take off cap

Nice to have another Gemini owner on the forum and I'm looking forward to your stories.
I have had the decorative hub cap (or sim as they call it) replaced as a warranty item. When I first got my 23tr it was missing caps for 2-3 of the lug nuts on the passenger rear sim (so I now guess that nothing was holding it in place). The sim had shifted and was rubbing on a valve stem to the point that the tire had developed a slow leak. Reading your post makes me think they were just not replaced properly during dealer prep. Regardless, Thor covered the sim replacement plus 3rd party work on the tire stem (at Kal Tire) then once the new sim (complete with all lug nut covers) came in my dealership installed. My first long road trip (Vancouver BC to Palm Springs this past February) was after the damaged valve stem was replace but without the decorative cover on one of the 4 visible tires --the Gemini still preformed great!
Nancy

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum