Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2017, 11:52 PM   #1322
halfprice

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
More tv talk.

I checked the bedroom and that will be an easy switch over to any 32" replacement tv.

Heres where the problems come in. OUTSIDE TV!!!!!! Ive only used mine a couple times and this was at night. I never really looked in the cabinet. After the 39" install and went out to check the outside tv. I found the power cable, hdmi, and antenna cable black taped together in wire loom going up inside the wall.

Where does the tv get power from?????? And why did they tape all the cables together. If I can find the power source I cant just pull out the old with a string or something attached so I can use that to feed the new power cord.

For some reason I thought there was a power outlet in the cabinet. That's what I get for thinking.

So I have a couple of options to fix this. First option second choice. Leave tv unplugged and when I want to use it pull out power cord and run it outside the cabinet to the power outlet which is to the left and below the tv.

THis is not clean looking but can do in a pinch.

Second option and preferred choice. Tie into the outside power outlet, run the wire, romex, to the outside tv cabinet from behind, drill hole to let the wire in and install a new power outlet.

I can do all this but electricity is not my specialty. Good thing I have a buddy that is.

THis also brings up a problem with satellite tv. I am thinking about switching my house to DirectTV. My understanding is I can take my main box out of the house and use it in the mh with no problems. Hopefully this is true.

The problem is I wanted to get a second box for the outside tv so we can watch two different shows at one time. With only one box I can connect it to the splitter box and all 3 tvs can use DirectTv but all tvs have to watch the same show.

I run into the same problem with running the satellite cable to the outside cabinet.

Any suggests with either of these two problems. I know someone here will have the answer.

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum