Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2017, 05:38 PM   #30
Laco

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
Quote:
Originally Posted by w6lmj View Post
Very nice write-up. I went to look at the 24TX and think I like the concept for the bed in the back. It seems more practical than the bed in the 24SR. I have the loft bed instead of the front skylight, which for me, with 13 grandchildren will undoubtedly come in handy. I am planning three trips this year. A short trip to West Palm Beach from De Leon Springs, Florida. Then a trip to Key West. Finally, I will take a two-month trip to chase the solar eclipse in the Midwest, and then stay out west for family and business for about two months. I will visit most western states, including California and Montana, but will likely miss Texas.

I wonder how well the 24SR will handle the mountains pulling the Fiat 500. I am guessing it will slow me down, but not cause me to be the slowest RV climbing a mountain grade. I am about to order either the Roadmaster, or the Blue OX base plate for the Fiat 500C. I am sure I will spend a few days on the install of the base plate, breaklights, and associated systems. With any luck the first two trips will go well before the long trip around the nation.

Thanks again for your excellent writeup.
Having that separate sleeping area in back was important to us. When our grandkids were little we took them with us a lot, but we had the 41 foot DP, so space was not a problem, plus a big shower tub combo for them. Now they are too old to want to go with Grandma and Grandpa, so its just my wife our little dog and me, so the Gemini is adequate for our needs, plus its small and easy to handle. I have an HHR toad, which we always towed with the DP, the Gemini struggles a bit with it, and I will rarely tow now. The Gemini is small enough that we can use it to pickup supplies etc. We can always rent when we need to, which we will. I saw a question about the Sprinter chassis and wind. I haven't been in 60 or 70 MPH winds with it, but it does well in 25 to 30 MPH winds. You certainly do feel it, but it stays in its own lane. Not having driven any of the other small B+'s or C's I'm not able to offer a comparison.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum