Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2017, 03:11 AM   #41
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Our 2-week trip to Yellowstone last month reminded me of a typical breakdown of campgrounds for us, which can vary considerably in type and cost. Our trip started from Texas, and was 12 nights/13 days. All nights were in paid campgrounds, yet the total cost was reasonable in my opinion.

Two nights (first and last -- closest to home) were in a small Texas city campground charging $17 per night.

One night was in state campground in Colorado.

Four nights were in National Park Campgrounds.

Five nights were in KOAs.

Total cost was probably around $500, maybe a little less. The YNP campground was actually more expensive than I recalled on previous visits, but still worth it to stay inside park when you have limited time.

Getting the van from Florida to Texas and back for the trip involved two additional nights which I spent in rest areas while traveling alone. I drove late both ways and stopped to get 5 or 6 hours of sleep each night.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum