Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 07:07 PM   #18
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
.....cut.....

It's not a luxury car or sports car, drives like a truck, but it aint bad.

....cut......
Your comment reminded me of the Vixen, or the "Porsche" of motorhomes as it was advertised about 30 years ago.

The first one I saw was driving over Independence Pass and was flying through curves -- by motorhome standards. I would love to drive one just to see how it handles. With low profile, wide stance, and wheels near each corner with independent suspension all around, it should beat most of today's truck-based MH offerings.

Granted it was way too small to be successful in the marketplace, but shows what a clean-sheet design can accomplish. I've often wondered how it would have turned out if made larger; like 25~30 feet long.

Notice during road test that it leaned a fair amount when pushed hard through corners, not unlike many cars. Obviously picture can't be compared to modern tall MHs because they'd likely flip over first.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5368.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	5894  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum