Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 11:20 PM   #15
SuperD

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Are GPS units perfect, no. Are they helpful, yes. Will they get you where you want to, yes most of the time. Do they know the shortcuts the locals know, no. They are only as accurate as the information that was put in to them.

I've used GPS since it was first developed for the military, before that I used maps, they weren't always accurate either. The technology for GPS improves all the time. Do I rely on GPS, yes for the most part I do and will continue to do so.

Now, this is MY opinion based on usage of most brands of GPS units over the years. I personally prefer the Garmin units. The Garmin units are user friendly and accurate for the most part, they have the ability to be updated on a regular basis. I use Garmin exclusively now based on my past experiences. Other may disagree or use other methods, some people prefer Ford, others Chevy. Am I an expert, no, just a regular consumer giving my opinion.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum