Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 12:11 AM   #18
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty103 View Post
Well my sound deadening material should be here in a day or two, Thank you dstankov for steering me to the right stuff. I have installed the new grill that Thor sent me, now I can't wait to get the doghouse up to snuff and go for a test run. By the way dstankov, if you're catching this post, my original "insulation" of the doghouse was even worse than what yours looked like in your pictures. Thor really pays little or no attention to this during construction, no wonder it's noisy.
If you go the way I did with both Dynamat and the Dynamat Hood Liner, for giggles, before you start rap on the doghouse with your knuckles and take notice of the sound and feel. Then after the installation do the same thing in the same spot and notice the difference. The feel of mine went from sheet of plastic (before) to slab of concrete (after). The sound went from hollow (before) to solid (after).

Enjoy, IMHO it is a worthwhile project. Keep us posted on your results.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum