Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 11:33 PM   #6
laberj45

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Massachusetts
THOR #4636
2017 Miramar slide issues

I truly do hope that your RV give you many years of enjoyment and you do not have the issues we have had. I was thinking we just got a lemon - but I have read just too many stories relating to full wall sklide issues to think that ours was a mere lemon.

We used both auto leveling and manual (sometimes need to be tweeked to get a true level after slide is out). Im sure you know - always make sure the rig is level. And never stop the slide while it is still traveling (hold the button for 5 seconds afterward is always good).

I never lubed the slides as it was too new. During the seven months of ownership - Longview RV and Thor put three different rack systems in the RV so lubing was never an issue). I have used a silicon based RV lubricant in the past on previous RVs (Winnebego Itasca Impulse 31JP and never had an issue with the slides).

Taking care of your RV is vital! But it kind of has to come out of the box in good working condition to be able to perform preventive maintenance. That is why we are now in litigation.....

If you do have issues with te slide, let me know... Where did you buy yours? We bought ours from Longview. They were always good to work with. But they did sell us an improperly manufactured RV and were unable to make fixes. Thats my take for what it is worth.

Click image for larger version

Name:	oct slide drift.JPG
Views:	336
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	5968
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Aug5 superslide slip.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	5969  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum