Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 10:36 PM   #98
belfastboy

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Washington
THOR #1081
I took my Axis in for dewinterization and an oil change today. The draining battery issue was brought up but I did not get very far. They acknowledged that the radio can be a drain on the battery and it needs to be turned off prior to shutting the engine down but it is NOT a warranty issue. When I asked what was a good fix they more or less shrugged. When I mentioned the battery disconnect they did acknowledge that it was a logical choice and offered to install one for $40 parts and $130 labour. I declined and said I would install one myself. The service advisor then stated that if I were to do that any problems downstream would be on me as the self installation voids warranty. JamieGeek, from the link you sent to me it looks pretty damn easy to install. Am I on the right track or is it something that needs be done by a tech?
Thanks, bob

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum