Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 04:59 PM   #13
ComputerChips

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Virginia
THOR #7607
A 50 amp RV service does use 2 separate 110 volt circuits, which gives you 220 volts when you make use of them at the same time for an appliance like a clothes dryer that would have a 220 volt outlet and breaker on board. I just learned that there are 2 different types of adapters called a "Dog Bone". One is for reducing a 50 amp 220 volt supply cord down to a 30 amp 110 volt supply. The second one is for reducing a 30 amp 110 volt cord down to a 20 amp 110 volt supply. You can even use both of them end to end at the same time to go from a 50 to a 30 to a 20 amp supply outlet. Having these is handy when needed but you are greatly limited as to how many devices you can use at the same time and you will not have access to 220 volts at all.
220 volts is serious stuff and you should be very careful when trying to connect to somebody's "welder" or "hot tub" outlet. They may not be configured correctly for the RV cord or may not have all of the necessary conductors available.
I included a link. I hope it works.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum