Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Electric Bikes?
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 02:31 AM   #35
Kev

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport
State: Florida
THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul905 View Post
These days I like the Rad City for myself. They use a direct drive motor that is bullet proof. Unlike geared hub motors there is no plastic planetary gears to wear out. They come complete with fenders, rack, lights 2 frame sizes and regenerative braking all for $1500. However I just put a new 11AH battery on my 5yr old Townie that has a 500 watt front direct drive motor on it. By the way the old 5yr 10AH lithium battery was still working well but its age was concerning me. Remember I said the direct drive motors were bullet proof. So I'm good for a while. I did get a chance to ride a Rad Rover fat tire bike in Myrtle Beach and it felt amazingly solid. Problem with Rad they are built in Washington state and couldn't be any farther away.

Now all that being said I recently purchased a Juiced Bike model Ocean Current for my wife because the Rad Bikes does not offer a true Step Thru frame for the ladies. So far so good. She loves it. It does have a 500 watt geared hub motor but it should be ok as she is much lighter than I am and is much easier on the bike than I am. It has a simple display and a torque and cadence pedal assist plus a thumb throttle. I rode it a few times and was impressed. https://shop.juicedbikes.com/collect...rent-step-thru
Thanks for the response I have been torn between 3 models, Pedego, Rad Power, and Juiced. Just trying to decide and it can be difficult because you can find good and bad reviews on all three bikes. I was leaning towards the Pedego because there is a dealer 30 minutes away and I like that idea.
Kev

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum