Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 09:09 PM   #17
Beacher

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
THOR #937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tytlfamily View Post
hey beacher, where exactly is that road? ...Can you tell me that route you drove?
I was going to meet a great camping group, (the SCCAMPERS), at the Thousand Trails RV Resort called Yosemite Lakes. It's located at 31191 Hardin Flat Rd, Groveland, CA 95321.

I took the route that the iPhone's MAPs app GPS provided. It routed me from the city of Modesto we took the 132 to the 49, and then the 120. The road in the video is called "The Old Priest Grade", and it's located at the West end of the 120, after the town of Moccasin, and before Groveland.

The normal 120 route is very twisty and windy but not as steep, (and the Old Priest Grade bypasses that section), so perhaps the GPS thought it was doing me a favor?

Excerpt from the Moccasin Wikipedia page:

Immediately east of town, State Route 120 climbs from about 910 feet (280 m) AMSL elevation to about 2,450 feet (750 m) at Priest Station, California, over a distance of six miles (10 km). Old Priest Grade, a narrower road and predecessor to the current route of SR120, covers the same change in elevation over about 2.7 miles (4.3 km). It is common to see vehicles with smoking brakes descending the old grade.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum