Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2017, 03:18 PM   #1
DenverTransplant

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Colorado
THOR #5190
Thor ACE 30.1 - New Cable from Battery Compartment to Switch Panel wall

I'm adding a Trimetric battery monitor (2030-A, which is mounted flush to the wall) to my ACE 30.1, and will likely add a Trimetric solar charger this spring. I plan on mounting the Trimetric panel on the same wall that has the switch panel for the front slide, generator, hot water heater, pump, etc. I added a See-Level this year, which was simple as I didn't have to run any new wiring - just intercept existing wiring. This is the hollow wall that is outside the bathroom.

The Trimetric has a 4-wire cable that runs from a shunt in the battery compartment to the the monitor panel. The future solar charger will also require a telephone cable. Before I start the installation, I need to figure out how to route the cables from the battery compartment into the panel wall. I'm guessing that I might be able to access the cable/heater duct chase that is under the toilet/vanity in the bathroom, which I think is where most of the existing wiring runs. Thought is to run under the coach into the wet compartment where some of the panel wiring ends up and then parallel from there - if I can access enough to get a fish tape from point A to point B.

I haven't started to investigate the best wiring route, so before I do I hope to benefit from prior knowledge. Have any 30.1 owners (or some of the 30.1 brother models) routed new wire to the switch panel area, and if so, how did you do it?

You may also notice that I've swapped out the analog thermostat that comes with the coach to a Honeywell digital thermostat. Thanks to Ray of Love Your RV for the video showing what to buy and how to do it. You can't see in the picture, but there is a rocker switch under the thermostat that I installed to control the high-low fan speed.

RV Thermostat Upgrade Honeywell FocusPRO 5000
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4141.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	201.9 KB
ID:	6535  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum