Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Thor Quantum
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2017, 03:05 AM   #13
M&M_MURPHYS

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Quantum
State: California
THOR #9015
We got Our new quantum just last week. We share your frustration. We are noticing numerous issues since leaving the dealership.

1) one stabilizer jack operation switch wired backwards (up is down and down is up)

2) Awning failed to retract on very first use in our driveway. Got it in but it was very difficult and took many restarts / retrys and rest during the retraction effort. We are afraid to deploy it again until we get it back to the dealer for repair. Very stressful!

3) Auto step switch is non functional. Step goes in and out every time door is opened and off switch has no effect.

4) Fresh water tank reads empty on control panel even thou tank is full (looks like sensors / wires on tank were never connected to anything).

5) shade for front skylight does not open / retract when switch is used. Stuck in closed position and does not open.

6) Interior wood trim piece fell off and dinged the floor on the way home from the dealer. Fixed this one myself. cannot fix the small ding in the floor.

7) Corner molding in the bathroom is coming off from floor to ceiling. The only thing holding it on is the accent trim decal.

8) Styrofoam was clogging up many AC vents and causing some binding when turning the vent to redirect the airflow. I took off each cover to clean out the debris. Only 2 out of 4 screws where actually hitting any meat in the ceiling on almost every vent. I used the same holes to reinstall for now. 2 Screws holding most vents in place for now, but who knows going forward.

9) Slide has some chafing at the end of the bed. I removed one screw and reset it because it was sticking up above the glide trim and making a snap crackle pop sound as it rubbed on the wood bed bottom during retrace / extend. Better now but the access hatch with hinges to access the breaker panel under bed is not set properly and still binds a bit making a gouge in the glide piece. Needs to be reset / adjusted.

10) Main Flooring was not installed in good alignment. One corner near the door is not completely under the trim piece installed to hold the edge down. Dealer offered to add an extra strip to cover the edge before we left the lot.

10) ladder on back of rig was installed a bit crooked. One side is higher than the other so each rung is not really level.

Other items besides flooring were not noticed until we got home and started stocking the RV and getting it road ready.

Bottom line for me is that, I believe, this industry uses low wage / low skilled workers to assemble these rigs. Quality and craftsmanship are suffering greatly because of this in my opinion. The people who put RV together seem to have no experience in basic carpentry and electrical knowledge. This results in a very poorly constructed product with many issues to be discovered once the end user leaves the dealer. Overall craftsmanship is very poor in my opinion.

I do not look forward to the down time and hassle of getting these issues resolved but what choice do I have? Yes it is all under warranty and I am sure my dealer will address the issues. Meanwhile I have not even gone on one trip yet and I already have down time in my future with a dealer over an hour away. Who knows what else will come up when I actually use the RV for the first time next week?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum