Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 08:59 PM   #2
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
I used a friend's motorhome (Sportscoach) many years ago, now I'm considering buying a used Thor (2014) Vegas. Would be interested in feedback on the following:

1. How do I get motorhome service if I have a problem when away from home? Is the Good Sam club membership a possibility? Others?
2. Any common problems/issues I should be aware of when buying a used RV?
3. I heard some campground electrical service can cause problems and that I should consider a power "purifier". Comments?

Thanks,
Rocky
1. Different types of service... There are various roadside assistance programs out there - your auto plan may not be suitable for RV use - check and see.. There are also extended service plans if you wish - or of course pay as you go... There are mobile techs that can come to the campground. You will often find a wait for a normal service appointment.

2. Scan the forum a bit.. A thorough inspection is your best friend when picking up a coach... Don't sign/pay till everything is as you want it.

3. You should have a surge supressor - Technology Research (SurgeGuard) and Progressive are two popular brands - they validate the wiring before engaging the coach, and protect against high/low voltage. Come in both plug in and hard wired models.
There are devices that go further - and cost more - will actuall y boost voltage if it gets to low... I'm happy with cutting off my coach and protecting what is on board.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum