Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2017, 11:03 PM   #6
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by erice1098 View Post

.......cut.......

The specs for the Coleman Mach 15 are:

BTU Level: 15000 BTU
Voltage Rating: 115 Volt AC
Ampere Rating: 14.8 Amp
Evaporator Flow Rate: 320 Cubic Feet Per Minute

I didn't even think about putting a lower BTU A/C unit in the bedroom. Will have to check into that! Probably will be cheaper to buy/install as well. It might be just what we need to cool the back of the unit off while the front vents are dedicated to the main living area.
The 5,000 BTU/hr air conditioners are "window" type and would likely be difficult and expensive to retrofit on a motorhome that wasn't built with one originally. Thor normally installs these only on the back of toy haulers, and a few in rear dedicated for bedroom.

Even if you could add a 5,000 BTU/hr A/C, it would only give you 20,000 BTU/hr total cooling capacity.

Wiring a standard roof-mounted second A/C directly to pedestal is probably easiest, but won't allow you to run both at same time from generator.

Had you not already replaced the front A/C with a brand new one, I would have suggested looking into two high-efficiency 11,000 BTU/hr A/Cs. To me that would seem simpler than adapting a 5,000 window unit, plus 2 X 11,000 would give you a total of 22,000 instead of 20,000 BTU/hr.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum