Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 09:59 PM   #20
pengoquin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29m
State: Idaho
THOR #5564
Congratulations on your new motor home. You will get lots of great information from the folks on this forum, especially about accessories and suspension improvements. My first bit of advise is a careful inspection, over all Thor makes a great motor home, but their attention to some of the finishing details is sadly lacking. My personal inspection revealed several easy to fix issues. Make sure the LPG fittings are tight, water lines, electric wires and cables are secure. I found a very loose LPG fitting, a pinched water line and numerous loose wires and cables. A little snugging with a wrench prevented any LPG leaks. Some reorganizing of water lines got rid of a pinched line and prevented a leak or possible blow out. A bunch of wire ties secured the wires and cables, which if not taken care of could have easily shorted out by wearing against a sharp metal edge or laying on an exhaust pipe. So often things fail when you're out camping away from any mechanic. So have a well fitted tool box handy. If your unit didn't come with them call Thor and have them send you all the schematics for the plumping, HVAC (including wiring, vents and gas lines), LPG lines and electrical diagrams. Make sure you have manuals for all your appliances, A/C, furnace, fridge, awnings, inverters, converts, stove, jacks, drop down bunks and slide outs, etc. This is all stuff you may never need, but it's funny how often little problems can be resolved with the information gleaned from one of these manuals or diagrams. I also keep a spare water pump stowed away. If you smell anything hot or burning, best get it checked out ASAP (we had an improperly installed fridge burning the wood structure and loose wires burning on the furnace exhaust vent). Keep a list of everything that doesn't work and take it in a couple of weeks before the one year warranty expires. Your RV will stay years younger if you can keep it covered while in storage.

Cheers.

2017 Windsport 29m
2017 Chev Colorado Crew Cab Diesel 4X4 Toad
pengoquin is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum