Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2015, 03:31 PM   #6
mcr1010

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #1249
Pics of fresh water tank fill

Here are a couple of pics of the water tank fill mod. It requires some 1/2" pex tubing, two 1/2" tees, one 90deg. ell and one pex valve. In the pic's there is a metal tee coming off the blue exterior water line supply. I would have used a poly tee like the one in the antifreeze inlet riser, but the store only had one poly tee, so had to use the metal one. It is not a "Shark Bite" brand, but is similar. I bought all the fittings at Lowes and would guess most home supply stores have the items to do the job.

What took the most time was finding a suitable clamp for the valve. I found one over in the electrical area that is used on conduit. The clamp had to be bored out so the clamp would not put to much force on the valve. You may find a better way to do it or have something on hand to clamp it. The whole installation should be clamped or supported so that it does not move around while going down the road and cause a leak. I have been back there while moving along at highway speeds to grab something from the frig. and it is kinda rough back there.
Hope this will save you some time and effort as you get ready to head down the road.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2469.JPG
Views:	482
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	301

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2470.JPG
Views:	471
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	302

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum