Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2017, 10:49 PM   #36
Wonderdog

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.2
State: Florida
THOR #4466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk View Post
Has anyone had issues with refrigerator not working on propane only, the igniter does not work when the switch on the refrigerator is in Auto or Propane. When I turn on the generator the refrigerator will run on Propane. There appears to be a problem with the refrigerator not getting 12 volts when the generator is not running. This has been a problem since I purchased the unit, I am the 2nd owner and never noticed the issue till I went camping with a friend and he asked why I was running my generator when I pulled into the camp ground. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
I have had the same problem when disconnecting shore power to hit the road. We plug into shore power at home a couple of days before leaving to cool the fridge and load up in a/c comfort. When we disconnect from shore power the fridge transfers over to propane but smetimes, not always, after a couple of minutes we get the flashing light indicating the propane side is not working. Our workaround has been to attribute it to a scrambled brain and we just turn off the fridge for about a minute and then turn
it back to auto. This has happened a few times but our workaround has always been successful. Lovely wife has gotten to where she will check it about thirty minutes or so down the road and it has always been ok.
Also some have said they need a fan to keep the fridge cool. I also live in Florida and have never had to do that. While set up in the campground the more level the fridge, the more efficient it is at cooling. I now put a level in the freezer to check when setting up and pay more attention to that even if the floor is not quite perfect.
2019 Honda Ridgeline AWD
Wonderdog is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum