Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 01:16 PM   #25
Joe-FL

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderdog View Post
Amen!

It took a couple of years to get used to not having to be somewhere at a certain time and schedule point A to point B in the fastest time possible with no concerns of seeing surrounding beauty away from the interstate. Retirement acclimated we found ourselves less tired at the end of the day as a result of the slower pace. I generally drive about 60-62 if towing the car, maybe 65 if not. Sometimes 55-60. Lots of variables. Without a doubt you can drive faster. RV DP behemoths routinely pass me when on the interstate at what seems at least 75-80 mph. How do they stop those things? Air brakes? One flew by me towing a Cadillac and a boat! How do they do that! Is it legal?
Uhoh, I'm rambling. Sorry. It's the early morning coffee.
I have been passed by the newer 42' plus DP's with tag axles and it always amazes me how fast some of them are traveling. I know some have been going between 80 and 90mph. Since we are shopping and doing some research on [B]used DP's I have come to the conclusion that the main reason some of them drive like that is because of the way those coaches handle. But of course that doesn't mean they can stop them any better.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum