Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 06:43 PM   #5
Laco

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
I for years have only bought Michelin tires, convinced they were the safest and the best. I put a set of 22.5's on my former DP and had a terrible time getting, at least the front ones balanced. The amount of weight required to balance them, I can only categorize as scary. I had four 17 inchers on a SUV I have, and yes they were more then five years old, but had zero cracking or any sign of potential damage. Regardless one lost almost all its tread at freeway speed, I practically lost the SUV, but managed to wrestle it to a stop at the side of the freeway. The flying rubber wound up doing $5,000.00 damage, rear quarter panel, and some inside metal panels. Surprisingly the body shop told me, they get damage like that from tires that fail, and said its almost always a Michelin tire failure. Wow, that info really surprised me. When I replaced all the tires on the SUV, it was not with Michelin, and I'm rethinking what I will put on the motor home, when the time comes.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum