Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 08:24 PM   #12
DTB

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Citation Sprinter
State: Utah
THOR #6977
I would like to thank everyone who has posted regarding this issue I've been having with the generator. I finally broke down and purchased a multimeter.
1. Put the batteries on the charger until they were fully charged.
2. Tested the house batteries after a full charge. Indicated reading was in the 12.7 volt range.
SIDE NOTE: After turning on generator, vehicle, and shore power I checked the battery level and it was in the 12.7 range
3. Turned on the generator, voltage reading jumped to 13.2 volts. Is this sufficient from a generator?
4. Turned off the generator and turned on the vehicle. voltage reading was in the 14.1 volts area. Is this normal and/or sufficient from the vehicle.
SIDE NOTE: It would appear that the vehicle alternator is connected to the house batteries albeit I've read the Mercedes does not allow the connection.
5. Turned the vehicle off and plugged in shore power. Indicated voltage was in the 13.1 range. Is this an appropriate charge from shore power?
6. Unplugged shore power and the battery voltage dropped back to the 12.7 range. Is this normal.
BY THE WAY. During my experiments the checked the battery level on the panel inside the door. When fully charged it indicated 4 lights. When the generator was running it indicated four lights. When plugged into shore power it indicated 4 lights. When I turned everything off it indicated ONE light. I switched the STORE USE switch from USE to STORE than back to USE. The panel then indicated FOUR lights. This is very confusing, confounding, and troublesome.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum