Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 01:52 PM   #37
Thor29.3inAZ

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 29.3
State: Washington
THOR #6025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama57 View Post
The new ECM's logs the flashes..so a trained tech could see that a previous flash has taken place. Under warranty Ford would have to say that the "flash" was the cause of any damage before voiding warranty work....so then it would be a challenge between you and Ford motor company...
I beg to differ..... IF..... this is true, and I haven't confirmed this, than the tech's are not seeing it unless they dig deeper into the ECU. I had the engine light come on while I had the tune installed. Put the tune back to OEM stock and took the RV to Ford to see what the issue was. He said it didn't make sense that all faults were coming up and he would reset the engine light and see if it would do it again. I would think a red flag would have been shown with all the issues being displayed but the tech wasn't bothered about it. So if you had a warranty call back, set the tune back to stock OEM. I don't think it's going to be a problem. I had one on a GMC truck also and within 6,000 the a VVT part failed and the head and valve train came apart. It had a different company tune but the tech was unaware of anything going on with the ECU. Which is what was controlling the VVT in this case. In any case if you have reservations about installing a tune vs warranty, don't install it. If I remember right, the warranty is only a year???

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum