Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2015, 03:21 PM   #194
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmajeed View Post
These are great modifications.
A rookie question here, is there a reason why you installed an inverter? I asked the dealer if I should add an inverter to watch TV and run the AC while driving, and he said you can just run the generator to do that while driving and it won't have any impact on the generator's efficiency.

What do you think?

Not planning on going to any sites that do not offer electrical hookups.
My prior coach did not have an inverter so I either had to run the Dometic refrigerator off the generator or propane when running down the road. If I used the generator everything worked fine. If I used propane the furnace fan was 12 volt however AC was not. In that coach the televisions were 12 volt so that was not an issue.

In the current coach the refrigerator is a Whirlpool residential unit so I have to have 110 volts for it to operate. The inverter is setup to supply power to limited circuits and does not power everything (e.g. the passenger's 110 power outlet is not fed off the inverter) so I still find myself, from time to time, using the generator while driving.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum