Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2015, 04:17 PM   #20
FW28z
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
Since these are the same switches, at least design wise, that are on the flat control panel there may be the possibility of going from a switch bezel to a flat panel switch plate.
I have another company that has made me switch panels, called Front Panel Express: Front Panel Design Software and CAD Conversion Service: Home I had thought about going with them for the switch labeling (making a new plate), but then ran across Carolina Laser for the labels. Being a lot less expensive, I gave them a try.

While I am sure Carolina Laser could do the job in plastic, front panel express does it in anodized aluminum.

Here are a couple of panels Front Panel Express made for me:

E450 Upper Dash Panel

Front Panel Express did the front and rear panel (the panel the switch mounts to). The panel itself is my own design, and you can design them with a CAD software you download. I recessed the switch handle with hex standoffs so you cannot inadvertently flip the switch by banging it with your leg (it will be mounted in the lower dash compartment of my towed vehicle).

They also do single quantities, but since they are made of aluminum, they are a bit more expensive.

I suppose the deciding factor between a plastic panel vs aluminum one is cost vs. durability.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum