Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-01-2017, 01:38 AM   #81

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Good eye -- I had not noticed.

Other than the rear slide, I like the 25.2 a lot. As to this revision, given a choice, I'd prefer a window in the back wall of any motorhome. I'm not sure what the advantage is to having windows on either side of slide versus one in rear.
I figure it might be so they can use the same slide as they do on the 25.3 (which has the side windows in the slide) And the back of the bed on the 25.3 is the drivers side of the coach.

I like the window in the back as we can look out the back even if the slide is in..

Old 05-01-2017, 01:48 AM   #82

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #6877
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexAxis View Post
The interior looks like a Compass/Gemini. It's about time they updated the Axis/Vegas interior.

This backdoor is handy improvement.

Attachment 4662
What I just discovered in first vegas 24.1 2018 outing is that the front storage compartments are connected by a thin six inch pass through - perfect for storing oars! Lots of screws falling out - not sure from where! Decided to store tables under bunk mattress - much better as the closet retention clips are worthless.
Old 05-01-2017, 02:15 AM   #83

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by upnyfolks View Post
We asked Thor if they would put windows in the side of the rear slide on our 25.2, but they said they couldn't. Not sure if the reason was structural because it already has a rear window or that they just didn't want to make a change in production.
I expect Thor won't make one-of-a-kind changes to production motorhomes. I wanted an Axis 24.1 without the slide and got replies that if I wanted a MH without a slide, they made Class Cs I should consider.
Old 05-01-2017, 02:39 AM   #84

Model: Axis 24.1
THOR #6523
Quote:
Originally Posted by croused View Post
What I just discovered in first vegas 24.1 2018 outing is that the front storage compartments are connected by a thin six inch pass through - perfect for storing oars!
Good idea! We store our bunk ladder in that thin pass through space in our '17 Axis 24.1. 👍🏻
Old 05-01-2017, 03:00 AM   #85

THOR #4687
Quote:
What I just discovered in first vegas 24.1 2018 outing is that the front storage compartments are connected by a thin six inch pass through - perfect for storing oars! Lots of screws falling out - not sure from where! Decided to store tables under bunk mattress - much better as the closet retention clips are worthless.
We have found enough screws to almost build a new coach. Don't think they are actually fallen out, just think it is easier for THOR to leave them there instead of picking them up.

The only screws we found missing so far have been almost all of the screws in the interior trim for the slide. Had the dealer put them in...
Old 05-01-2017, 04:32 PM   #86

THOR #6877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_Mike View Post
We have found enough screws to almost build a new coach. Don't think they are actually fallen out, just think it is easier for THOR to leave them there instead of picking them up.

The only screws we found missing so far have been almost all of the screws in the interior trim for the slide. Had the dealer put them in...
Hilarious! I think some of the screws are coming from inside pop out, will have to investigate further.
Old 05-01-2017, 05:23 PM   #87

THOR #4687
Quote:
Hilarious! I think some of the screws are coming from inside pop out, will have to investigate further.
Have you ever gotten the chance (or time) to see where the connectors for the "solar ready" terminate?

Just wondered where THOR thinks the solar should be connected in (or under) the coach
Old 05-02-2017, 06:06 AM   #88

THOR #2121
Thor finally updated Axis and Vegas to 2018 model year on their website; although it appears revisions are not complete yet. The Gallery, for example, still shows 2017 pictures.

The change that is important (unless it's a misprint) is that most floorplans are now shown on E-350 instead of E-450.

Thinking it could be a typo, I looked at specs for Chateau Class Cs, and the smaller floorplans are shown on E-350, with larger Class Cs on E-450.

If this holds, it would appear the E-350 emissions problems have been resolved, and chassis GVWR are back to what they were before.
Old 05-02-2017, 12:08 PM   #89
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Not to mention that Thor completely revamped the website. When I looked at it yesterday it took a while to load all the images so be patient.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 12:54 PM   #90

THOR #6877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Thor finally updated Axis and Vegas to 2018 model year on their website; although it appears revisions are not complete yet. The Gallery, for example, still shows 2017 pictures.

The change that is important (unless it's a misprint) is that most floorplans are now shown on E-350 instead of E-450.

Thinking it could be a typo, I looked at specs for Chateau Class Cs, and the smaller floorplans are shown on E-350, with larger Class Cs on E-450.

If this holds, it would appear the E-350 emissions problems have been resolved, and chassis GVWR are back to what they were before.
My 2918 Vegas 24.1 is on an E-350
Old 05-02-2017, 12:57 PM   #91

THOR #6877
Quote:
Have you ever gotten the chance (or time) to see where the connectors for the "solar ready" terminate?

Just wondered where THOR thinks the solar should be connected in (or under) the coach
Haven't found it yet - had maiden voyage to check out primary systems and all worked well ...I'll let you know by next week about the solar harness
Old 05-02-2017, 01:59 PM   #92

THOR #2121
Quote:
My 2918 Vegas 24.1 is on an E-350
It's been known the smaller 24.1 floorplan had been switched back to E-350 for some time, but other floorplans had been left on E-450 on Thor's website. Now it appears they may all be going to E-350.

I pointed it out only because some forum members have expressed strong preferences for E-450's higher GVWR and GCWR -- probably so they can tow heavier trailers.

For me even smaller and lighter would be just fine, so the E-450 doesn't add enough value. The E-450 also costs more so if Thor passes on the chassis savings that's an added bonus.
Old 05-02-2017, 05:20 PM   #93

THOR #4687
Quote:
Haven't found it yet - had maiden voyage to check out primary systems and all worked well ...I'll let you know by next week about the solar harness
Thanks. I am really looking at adding solar to our 2016 VEGAS and just want to know where THOR would put everything (if they did it anyway)
Old 05-04-2017, 06:49 PM   #94

State: Pennsylvania
THOR #7370
this is what Ive been waiting for... now for 2018 the inside will match the outside... I'll be buying a 2018 this year... done...
Old 06-12-2017, 09:36 PM   #95

THOR #7895
Quote:

Any recommendations for a check list of items to have dealer fix? I am picking up a 2018 24.1 this weekend!
Old 06-12-2017, 09:48 PM   #96

THOR #6877
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotransit View Post
Any recommendations for a check list of items to have dealer fix? I am picking up a 2018 24.1 this weekend!
Just had first set of warranty repairs, silly QA/QC stuff:

Heat pads on Black/Grey water tanks not adhering
Missing ladder to upper bunk
Missing register in passenger foot area
Trim piece along vinyl floor in step up to cab not secured
Toilet seat cracked
Screws mounting the rear storage panel restraint broken and cross threaded
Passenger screen broken
There is a recall on E-350 2017 engine drive pulley torque - having fixed at Ford next week
There was an opening in stair well battery compartment corner - I fixed myself

Just do a real careful walk/crawl around and be very picky! You just paid >70K for this vehicle and it should be perfect when you take delivery!

Enjoy!
Old 06-12-2017, 09:50 PM   #97

THOR #6877
Quote:
Thanks. I am really looking at adding solar to our 2016 VEGAS and just want to know where THOR would put everything (if they did it anyway)
I was up on roof and could not see the solar harness wire...will have to check inside AC unit otherwise will have to contact Thor.
Old 06-12-2017, 10:03 PM   #98

THOR #7895
Thank you! i also downloaded the Felker Guide for 24.1. You mentioned, the steering stabilizers/bump stops and surge suppressor was done by dealer before you picked up? Was that helpful?
Old 06-13-2017, 12:31 PM   #99

THOR #6877
Good you got the Felker guide, it's invaluable reference. Yes the safetplus stabilizer, bump stops and an alignment are critical for a safe riding RUV - made a huge difference in ease of driving- good luck!
Old 06-15-2017, 12:59 AM   #100

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Quote:
Good you got the Felker guide, it's invaluable reference. Yes the safetplus stabilizer, bump stops and an alignment are critical for a safe riding RUV - made a huge difference in ease of driving- good luck!
Not here to argue, but rather to express a differing opinion. Yes, alignment is a must, but after 14,000 miles, I am not convinced of the value of the other add ons, and I don't believe they make your coach much, if any, safer. Have discussed this with several Vegas and Axis owners, and while some are happy with these mods, more seem happy witout.

Again, I am not knocking anyone who has bought these things. Bottom line, it's your money and your choice. This has been discussed thoroughly in other threads.